Welcome to our blog!

We hope that you enjoy getting to know our family...

Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's been going on?!

So a quick update for those who have noticed the span with no new entries...  
  • John's grandma did pass away on St. Patrick's Day at home surrounded with her family.  
  • We have had all of April to enjoy a little extra time at home with everyone taking ill in turn.
  • Thanks to the help of family and friends, we have been able to tie 1 baby quilt and 3 large quilts for the humanitarian department of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.  I am still working on the bindings so pictures will be forthcoming!
  • I attended women's conference with my mom & sisters and just loved it.
  • We held a huge 'yard sale style' store closing sale at my parent's house last Saturday which turned out to be a success... but we still have thousands of things we still don't know what to do with yet.  
  • John's got a date by which he hopes to have his first article submitted to "Science", "Nature" or "?"!!!!  We are so excited and wish him good luck!
  • I've been working on a little advertising for my company, but things are still slow.
  • and John's Grandpa ended up in the ER tonight with a broken femur and PE (pulmonary embolism) so our prayers are with him at this time.
I hope to include some pictures of the yard sell and women's conference once I get them, but here are a couple of pictures at Mor Mor's (John's grandma's) funeral.


Getting Ready



Getting Home

No comments:

Post a Comment